Barwhillanty is a 5000 acre family estate in the beautiful Galloway hills of Kirkcudbright, in South West Scotland. Half of the estate consists of managed woodlands, principally conifers, with the remainder as hill farmland. It has been run passionately for sporting purposes for over 100 years and, with the undulating topography, expansive forests and an abundant roe population, offers a variety of challenging stalks for the discerning roe stalker both from high seat and on foot. Barwhillanty is 2 hours from Glasgow Airport, Newcastle Airport and 1½ hours from Prestwick airport. The well known food town of Castle Douglas is seven miles away. Airport Taxis / collection can be arranged at cost but its is advisable to hire a car. Directions are provided on booking.
Accommodation is provided in Diamonds Laggan Cottage: a 5 star holiday cottage on the Estate. The house sleeps 6, with 3 double bedrooms (twins on request), 3 bathrooms, sitting room, and open plan kitchen / living room. The house, which must be taken with the stalking, can be catered (self service) or self-catered. Catered food and drink (in moderation) is provided at the start of your stay. Provisions for a full breakfast are left for you to prepare. A three course dinner is prepared each evening for you to serve. Fresh rolls can be delivered daily, if desired. Should you need additional food a trip can be made to town at cost.
(Arrive day before, 3-4 days stalking, depart following day) i.e. Arrive Sunday, stalk Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, depart Friday.
ROE BUCKS -Exclusive: 2 Trips (max) of 4 stalkers (max/min) over 3-4 days.
1. Mid April (circa. 15th – 20th April)
2. Start May (circa. 29th Apr – 4th May)
• All Stalkers must hold a valid Firearms Certificate.
• Visitor’s Firearm Permits can take some time to process; therefore all Firearm Certificates must be sent to Barwhillanty at least 1 month prior to the visit or ideally, on booking.
• All insurances to do with the visit, including cancellation and personal liability, are the responsibilities of the lead tenant. The lead tenant will provide a safe and sportsmanlike team of stalkers to enjoy the sport offered and will be responsible for their behaviour and the payment of bills.
• It is impossible to guarantee each party a set number of roe bucks.
• The weather can not be controlled.
• Secure gun storage is available in the accommodation and must be used when rifles are not in use. Ammunition should be stored appropriately. Stalkers must provide their own guns and ammunition.
• All breakages must be reported and will be charged.
• Accommodation must be left in the standard found – or a penalty will be incurred.
• Washing up is your responsibility and there is a no smoking policy within the accommodation and vehicles.
• A 50% DEPOSIT WILL BE TAKEN ON ALL BOOKINGS – REMAINDER PAID ON DEPARTURE.
PLEASE CLICK THE LINK BELOW FOR AVAILABILITY AND COSTS